for updates on Indiana tornado damage. No loss of life, but at least one family lost their home. Heart goes out to G and C and family.
Thurs afternoon: No more word on the storm and damage, but I did find a link for an aerial tour of the Moscow area where several families sustained losses.
Sun eve: No more word, other than the email that many have gotten- Thanks to everyone whe sent that on. Lots and lots of clean-up and rebuilding to do.
Oh wow. And I find it ironic that I first heard about this from halfway around the world. ;) Hope everyone is ok. Can't imagine losing my house, though.
ReplyDeletesame here lani..seems the only thing i read is blogs for my news...and lately, because of Anita, horse racing news. By the way, Is Big Brown going to win Saturday at the Belmont Stakes or what? I don't like the fact that he gets steroids every 15th of the month. Is that good for a young horse or any horse? Why is it that athletes..animal or human..must take steroids these days? hmmmm. HOpe everything is fine in Indiana by the way..We're getting rained and blown on here today. Oh, and I hope everything is fine half way around the world as well, Anita!!
ReplyDeleteInterestingly enough, our weather here is much milder, as far as storms go. Temps and rainfall are about the same- so is humidity :( But we don't have tornadoes and seldom have devastating storms like the Midwest does.
ReplyDeleteSorry, ethel, I haven't gotten back to you yet on the horse stuff... Anyway, you seem to know that the Belmont Stakes is today... so that'll do for now. Go Big Brown! And, no, proly getting steroids regularly like that isn't good for the poor kid. I saw that he did not get the shot this month... didn't check it out to see why.
Anita, I have a link to the news about our friends in Moscow. I thought twice about posting it here. If you want me to, I will. If not, send me your e-mail and I will forward it to you. It has a letter with it also from a couple of the friends in Indy.
ReplyDeleteAnita-send me an email (in our profile) and I will tell you the names of the kiddos! Just some of the parents might not want me to share.
ReplyDeleteA little blog catchup tonight...and oh! its a wonder you're still talking...you've learned a thing or two about endurance for sure! Take care. We did hear the amish in the storm area have offered a lot of assistance.
ReplyDeletehi! Just thought I would tell you that there have been friends down there trying to help clean up the mess, and that G&C are planning to have an apt if they don't already. Don't know if they will rebuild or not, but it will be a long haul either way. There has been a lot of flooding this week yet, but I think most of it was in the Greenwood area, so should have missed them. Hope you all are doing ok!! ~Megan Lehman~
ReplyDelete