There are some things here we could use up if we half tried.
Forgot to put this
on and dove in (see, that apron was my 'welcome to WI' gift from C&C K about oh 40'leven years ago (or 11) and since I'm hopelessly sentimental, I'll proly still have it when I'm 100... (or 70- not sure I want to live to be 100... that's sort of beside the point, I guess.)
So here we are. (That cup in the background? That's my Earl Grey tea- a great comfort in the absence of coffee- actually, a great comfort, period.)
From a distance- in case you wondered what the kitchen sort of looks like. Aside: in spite of what SOME people think, this is a great apt- largely because this kitchen is one of the largest, roomiest, easiest-to-work-in I've been associated with here; most kitchens are microscopic in comparison.
in the oven- the oven is... ummm... very special... not exactly the heartiest part of this kitchen...but it's an oven. It has an 'imported-from-Amer' oven thermometer in it, so you can cope with it (you may able to get them here now, who knows?)
Aunty B's molasses cookies. aside #2: if anyone reading this is in the Indy/Kokomo area and sees Aunty B in her Carmel digs, please pass this message on to her from me: I love you, I don't write to you nearly often enough, I miss you, I hope your cat is still purring loudly. Thanks for sharing this recipe with me. Sending hugs- me
And one more thing (besides lunch and supper) came out of the kitchen today.... can you guess what this is? Like, our all-time favorite...
I *heart* Rice Krispies (No, Reta, these are not AZ marshmallows and krispies... those are long gone! These came from Lebanon, of all places... and are destined to live a very short life... like maybe 24 hours... maybe)
HEY, you spread choc. chip cookies all over the newspaper that I was trying to read! Now I'm not sure about the rest of the story!:) Looks to me like some graham crackers are needed for s'mores. I think a certain person's tummy is feeling a wee bit better. Yeah!
ReplyDeletemarshmallow rice krispies? yumm!!!
ReplyDeletehey! that kitchen somehow looks familiar to me....teehee i wonder why :-D
by the way, if ever you wanted to see some of my photos from when i visited aunty Pat, they're at this link:
http://cherrykrisinparis.blogspot.com/2007/04/i-am-back.html
when is Trude going back for her home visit??
greetings to both of you :o}
Hi Anita...I must confess, I have been enjoying your blog for some time now. Decided I had better leave a note. I love reading all your stories and seeing the pictures of where you are. This is such an awesome way of staying in touch with those that are so far away. Come visit our blog anytime!
ReplyDeleteLove ya, sharla
Um... yum... I can't bake, because you know what? If it were me... none of those cookies would make it to preps. Yep, it's true. I have absolutely NO self-control when it comes to cookies. Looks like you had a productive day, though. ;)
ReplyDeletevery productive day - yummy treats! glad you're feeling better!! :)
ReplyDeleteI occasionally lurk on your blog even though I probably have never met you. I found yours from when you commented on a mutual friend's blog. I'm just saying "hi" so I don't creep you out by lurking. ;-) And, I figure if I'm going to read your blog, I should comment every once in awhile.
ReplyDeleteHello Mel B- nice to 'see' you! Thanks for leaving a comment. Are you Aunt Mel on some people's blogs? :)
ReplyDeletefyi- Lani- I have a harder time not eating the cookie dough than I do not eating the cookies...for some reason.