Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Marina

Likes to work. So yesterday, she sorted hangers...from the pix, you can tell she enjoyed that job. I remember doing that at preps when I was a kid...it was never this much fun. But half the hangers were rusty back then...and with 500-800 people vs about 50, well, the hanger population was a bit larger, too.

Today... Ha. Today, she scrubbed dirty clothespins with an old toothbrush...and grinned the whole time. Then she cut off onion tops and her little Ksushya friend washed them. Then she started in on the garlic. Then her mom came and hauled her home. (Stuck Ksushya's pic in again, too, just for good measure.)

Marina is a sweet little thing. A year ago at sp mtg time, I was at their house and she took me aside confidentially and said: This is for you, I want you to have it. And she gave me this terminally-girly pink tiny notebook with a plastic mouse dangling from the spiral. It was 1 of her Christmas presents from her grandma. I tried to refuse it. No go. Talked to her mom about it and she said, No, you take it. That's what she wants to do. Well, I tucked it away for safe keeping...but finally a few weeks ago , I made myself pull it out to use. It has a special place in my purse.

5 comments:

  1. She's adorable! How sweet of her to give you her gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does look like she's having a great time. I need to take a lesson from her playbook. Thanks for a little *whistle while you work* reminder. Oh... except I'm not working. ;) Maybe I should do something about that? Boys are down for a nap and my garden needs planted. Off I go... *whistling*

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are putting treasures in their hearts they wont forget! i have fond memories of the ones who were that for me in those yrs am sure you do too:) no matter what they do in life later these will always be a part of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. U all were sure in a rush on clean up day '07 gettin' your hangers put away.

    You knew I'd have some smart comment. When I return they all quit and I start gettin' serious again.

    Glad you're sellin' the extra dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes.......... I remember the hangers at Shoals all in one of those big barrels. Someone said they were put away neatly but the hangers must of been busy through the year.

    ReplyDelete