Thursday, June 19, 2008

So this is Chorby on the left. He was one of 3 pups born this spring to Poofy... a good-natured underfed dog at the grounds. He is, hands-down in my (and Sharon's) opinion the cutest of the 3. His life just changed drastically.




The first week we were here, Sharon repeatedly bribed him with tasty tidbits and scraps till he was pretty sure he was pretty special. Then, Tues am, she nabbed him and popped him into her bag. Here they are at the bus stop.






Here he's wondering what on earth happened...and what's coming next. He was a good kid- just sat there and didn't fuss...I could tell he was still alive because I could feel his breath on my hand. a pretty blurry shot but I had a hard time getting more than 2 inches from him since the bus was so crowded.




I brought him and the laundry back to the boys' bache. Fed him, found him a soft rag and got the laundry going. He crashed...slept for about 40 min. What he didn't know was what Sharon was doing (besides buying meat to feed a crowd)... Sharon was off talking to the pet store people... what do I do for a puppy with a major flea infestation?



Well, the poor kid found out just what happens when someone comes home with flea shampoo... he couldn't get warm afterward. So I snuggled my (dirty) preps skirt around him... the last I saw him, he'd completely burrowed underneath it. S took him over to her teacher's parents later in the morning...where he had an attack of the "Help Mom I'm Scared's"- but then sort of came around. The old folks love him. Lucky for him, his life expectancy just jumped from months to years...

5 comments:

  1. what a lucky pup! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. just what i was going to say too...that is one lucky dog! Guess it pays to be cute? i wouldnt know:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet story...He looks like a real cutie. I'm glad he has a good home. We are missing our pup while on vacation...can't wait to see him when we get home, funny how that is with a puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh such a tender thing you are. Watching out for souls and also for flea-bagged pups! I'd do the same. Lucky puppy! Maybe you should get a spiritual lesson out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...cute puppy!! Sounds like he's a lucky one....:-)

    ReplyDelete