I know- it's hot there, too. Ok. So- How hot? I'll bet my hot can beat up your hot...
Ok- so we won't fight. But- it's still hot. Really hot. Yesterday, left Kyiv at 7am... arrived at destination at 12.20 or so. Had 2 liters of liquids while we traveled. And was still thirsty. The bus driver had gotten clever and bolted a small fan onto the ceiling which twirled around and moved hot air over us. Thank goodness for that. Couldn't say it was cool, though. It's that time of year when you start really missing the cold and snow.
Someone asked in the comments of a previous post re online comics. I get mine on 2 sites: Arcamax (link for Agnes) and Gocomics.com. Gocomics has an RSS feed that delivers to Google Reader. I get my Arcamax comics in my email inbox. Looks like they have an RSS feed, though...
speaking of comics...
Moscow in smoke.And the big move in Kyiv.. is over. History. It must have been 110F the day I finished the packing and cleaning and turned in the keys. There comes a point when you're just tired of the whole mess and move into 'chop chop' gear no matter how hot it is. And then go take a cold shower. And still look like you have heat stroke.
Glad it's over though.


So sorry it's hot! As I told our mtg the day there was no A/C - think about the Antartic, polar bears and ice..... ;-}
ReplyDeleteIt looks like we may get a break from our heat. Hope yours breaks soon.
ReplyDeleteDon't know if our hot can beat your hot... but the heat index has been around 110*F here at preps for several days...and I'm taking lots of cold showers! :) today was workday and we were so thankful for some cooler weather this morning :) Highs are sposed to be in the mid 80s this week! woo hoo! :)
ReplyDeletelove the watermelon comic...;0) sorry to hear of the intense heat by you and the fires in russia...hope things improve soon...take care and sending hugs!(not too close, tho...wouldn't want to make u warmer...lol);0)
ReplyDeleteNo a/c here, either- you can just think about us. Kidding... I know- we're not the only ones without a/c- right LJW?
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping for a break from the heat soon, too.
No, no close hugs these days. Better to just make flapping motions with your arms to show what you're thinking... ;)