Tuesday, August 31, 2010

photo catch-up

one last look out the living room balcony window, Kyiv
and the kitchen window. I'll miss this view!
cute picture on the window of a bus at the bus stop... turtle on wheels. Love the exhaust pipe!
when you clean out your cupboards you sometimes find stuff you didn't know you had and decide to see what a mud mask will do for you... answer- not much. It was a one time thing, I've decided. And should not be done in a pale pink t-shirt. 
the view out my current window... not bad, eh? Love the green and the sunshine. 
stopped in to see some dear friends. Eldest son had baked bread... Little Sis and I made the salad. 
someone is doing some building. Take a bunch of straw and mix it with mud (and horse manure, I've heard) and spread it out nice and evenly, cut it and let it dry. Voila- adobe bricks. Much of the building in this part is done like this. 
close-up of the bricks

8 comments:

  1. Hah! Funny story about the mud-mask!
    And the old views were stunning, but the new view is beautiful too. Do we get to see the rest of the place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your pictures! Neat mud blocks. About the mask - I have something I picked up at Target that works so nice. It has a clay that draws out the "gunk" in your pores. It actually is plant based - made from burdock! So burdock is good for something I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J- do you want to see the rest of the place? hmmm I can see about that!
    S- I guess the mess just didn't impress me that much. Maybe I should try the Target one... Have never been all that into stuff like this, I guess... which is proly how I lived this long without ever trying it before! ;) 3 cheers for Burdock! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the things you can do w/ horse manure!! Love that you posted your mud mask picture - it has been a LONG time since I've done one of those (pre-kids I'm sure). Bet I could dig one out of my linen closet tho. Never noticed anything when it was done either : P Would trade you some of that bread & salad for this a.m.'s cinnamon rolls... looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh..spalike! gotta use stuff up right? haa!@ Stacy..what mud mask is that? Looks like you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yup, gotta use stuff up!!
    I'll take some cinnamon rolls!! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that recipe makes like a monster amount of cinnamon rolls , but, i think i've found the recipe i can do with success ( a rare find!) and normally i don't check back on comments and stuff , but, for some reason i did this time and it was fun to see you answered / commented back!! i like "conversations" even though they're a few days apart! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yes- conversations are good... but I'm really a few days late this time!

    ReplyDelete