These people are back... they're mentioned at the end here, too. (There are times when I feel so completely vulnerable and smashed and like a baby that if you can't have your own Mom and Dad, it's sure nice someone else is sharing theirs and you've got them...) So, besides the fact that it's great to see them- and No, I don't yet have a pic of them... at all- anyway, besides that it's great to see them again, they brought mail- letters (and I'm amazed anyone still writes... amazed and happy and in awe and ashamed) and this:
2 cd's of this guy. I love hearing the songs of my childhood. Thanks Mom! Love them. (the first one was taped in Mom's hometown; the 2nd has the most familiar songs, but it's great to hear that old familiar tongue.) :)The end of May is the end of the school year, without exception, in Ukraine. The last day festivities (which you could hear from my open window) at the school near us. The last day is always called 'The Last Bell'. aside: Graduates are nearly always called 'school leavers' by Ukrn's speaking Eng- which is technically correct but always gives me the urge to grin for some reason... not that they don't have plenty of reasons to kill themselves laughing at my Ukrn...
For the past week or so the scent of the Acacia tree in bloom has been on the air... it is exquisite.

Found a pic of the lupine I saw recently... not such a great one- but I love lupine!
and this- well, yes. I've done things in reverse... I'm off to do 'homework' now! ;) My homework is more pleasant than this poor kid's, though. (Is this Billy? Or Jeffy?)
Public Service Message #forty-leven
close-up

Found a pic of the lupine I saw recently... not such a great one- but I love lupine!
and this- well, yes. I've done things in reverse... I'm off to do 'homework' now! ;) My homework is more pleasant than this poor kid's, though. (Is this Billy? Or Jeffy?)
Public Service Message #forty-levenUkraine is called 'Ukraine' not 'The Ukraine'- which implies that it is a region within a larger area or country. Not that it matters so much... but it's a fact. ;)

hi, i'm frenchy girl ! i'm glad and discover your blog !
ReplyDeletewhere are you sitting ?
by the way...in England graduates ARE called school leavers cos they don't actually graduate...they just leave...well, that is until they graduate from university... ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt's Billy. :-) Thanks for sharing your pics!!! The canal is very pretty. I had to giggle at the durch blitz...I assume you played the game of the same title before?
ReplyDeleteI'm in Kyiv
ReplyDeletetraveller- see, you learn something new every day! I had never ever heard that term before and it (excuse me) sounds so odd to my Amer ears... you have my permission to roll your eyes and anything else you want to do! ;) And thanks for the tip!
Thanks Megan! And yes, I love Dutch Blitz! I have a deck of those cards in my cupboard waiting for someone to come along and play with me! lol