Wednesday, June 3, 2009

all about June 3


June's calendar pic- which you've been wondering about, I'm sure. I rather like it, though. I've been that girl... I don't know if the prob is that she seems to be yelling or what. I suspect that she seems to be yelling because this is something like the 100th attempt at information transfer and she's simply getting a bit frustrated. I'm not sure if it's significant that the other party is (how shall we say this?)- is a boy... I just know from personal experience... well, anyway- maybe those ears are just phantoms, maybe there's a magic codeword, maybe a mysterious combination of words, keystrokes (shift+alt+ctrl+Leatherman-tool-on-sale-at-Home-Depot)- who knows-these things are so murky.
The note clipped to the calendar, fyi (this is big- I promise)- is a quote: I have only one superstition. I touch all the bases when I hit a home run. Babe Ruth (1895 - 1948)
Did you know he was born in 1895??? Died young, too. I just never paid attention to that... You know- if that girl started in with 'Babe Ruth...'- I'll bet Sonny Boy would perk up and listen...
And in other news- It's raining cats and dogs- which is ok since I'm pretty sure we're still way behind for the year. Humid, too... I leave Saturday (help) for preps down south and won't be back here till Aug- after 3 weeks in Belgium and France... I'm starting to hyper-ventilate. So much to do... and no more time.... I need a time-turner. I wonder if someone has a spare one laying around......................

9 comments:

  1. lol! in other words, maybe If I started my conversations with something about can-press, fork-lift, mower deck, I might get somewhere~

    ReplyDelete
  2. J's- that's my theory, yes. I'm going to try this summer... just have to come up with a good topic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you put up this post! I'm at preps now (Parma) so I'll have to give it a shot. Have experienced the picture many times! Now to just insert some "manly" verbage in there FIRST to get there attention!! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Engelbreit... my favorite. This is the first year since 2000 that I don't have one of her calendars. Her work is always great for self-reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in awe of your insight, wondering how in the world does SHE know that???? Then I remembered... of course, you lived with my husband, for what, 20 years, before I did!! <3xoxo<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Seems like we're always working on communication here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. funny funny funny...i just try saying it many many many times...not that that that works works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should have made it clear that I'm mostly at preps with Uncle Bill... and this sort of thing doesn't apply to him at all. He's quiet but there's no trouble with communication.
    Miss- I actually don't remember that much about trying to communicate with your Y chromosome-type... I got my insight elsewhere, shall we say...
    Anyway- communication is a major thing all right... and I don't do so well myself, actually. I find it can be painfully difficult.

    ReplyDelete