Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer!!

Summer officially starts here on June 1st- and this, friends, is a grand thing! Yes, Summer is hot. Yes, it makes me sweat and fuss and carry on a bit from time to time... but Oh I'd far rather have sunshine and green grass and flowers than gray skies, dead snow and mud (and mud and mud and mud). So- what did we have for lunch on this, the first day of summer? ;) Ok- so you proly always thought bacon was good, tasty, wonderful maybe even. But I'll bet you didn't know how truly fabulous it is. See- this kind of bacon- sliced thin, fried crispy- you don't get much of that around these parts. This kind of bacon is hard to find in the stores (seldom found, actually)... and not just the cheapest thing on the shelf, either. So for a special treat, we had these today... I don't even know when I last had a BLT. 2006? earlier? no idea... but it's been awhile. Let's have a wee moment of special silence for the wonderfully summery thing that is the BLT!!














and note the Coke bottle above... Miss recently said: Pepsi is the cure for... well... everything but death. -Penned by none other than the Pepsi addict herself
and then she gave me permission to steal it. So- I'm saying- Pretty muchly a true statement, IMHO, (if you can't get Dew)- BUT- Coke is a lot easier to find here... and since somebody's dad used to be the president of Coke...ok- not exactly, that was just a tiny misunderstanding by a highly impressed don't-tell-me-I'm-wrong Professor of English somewhere west of Kyiv... what I'm saying is: we drink Coke when we don't have a choice and need the fizz... and it ain't bad either! ;)

Another little piece of summer. 'Our' canal has its own personal choir... of frogs! It really is pretty neat to hear... I never would have imagined I could enjoy a steady choir of frogs this much! No pic of any frogs...but here's the latest of the canal, taken from the kitchen window. If/when we leave this apt, I will miss this view!














the first is a couple weeks ago; second is today.



and a blurry one (that I like anyway) from the other night. Another amazingly wonderful thing about summer- at 9pm, it's just barely dark! ahhhhhhhhhhhh
I vote we replace all the months (except Oct) with June...

4 comments:

  1. All's fine and good til you start trash talking about coke! I'm outta here after that insult!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well now- I did say it wasn't bad... don't be so thin-skinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hear hear! I love summer too! fun to see your photos...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always look forward to reading your blogs Anita. So many times I'm reminded of the things I take for granted. Like BLT's. I will enjoy my next one just a little bit more now. =)

    ReplyDelete