Monday, June 15, 2009

All in the family

The following posts should be one but because my mobile won't post that many pix, I'll do one per child. I've blogged these kids before. I can't help it. They're absolutely packed with personality. They ooze it out of every fiber. They breathe and eat like everyone else but somewhere inside them, they magically transform that all into character enough for a whole comedy troupe.
And I'm sure to fail utterly trying to portray it.

These first pix are of Sasha. When we arrived, he proudly and solemnly showed us his treasure and friend...a small frog (zhabka). It jumps (watch); it has a beard (that's what he said); it wants a shower (in the bathroom sink). Sasha (who's 3 tomorrow) was hungry; Mom said Put the frog down and come eat. NO! Sasha ran around outside another half hour before Mom bodily hauled him in, kicking and screaming bloody murder...frogless. He cried and sobbed another 15 min before finally succumbing to his (quite impressively large) appetite. Mom looked away for 2 seconds and he shot out the door. When he came back in it was with the puzzling and sad (but not sobby-sad) news that 'zhabka disappeared'... He was completely mystified that zhabka wasn't there waiting for him. He intended to sleep with it. (It's anyone's guess if zhabka actually survived the night; one of his sisters was sure Sasha had squeezed zhabka like a package of mayonnaise- mayo, fyi, is commonly sold in plastic bags here.)

4 comments:

  1. boys...no matter what continent you're on, or what language you speak, they're all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so cute! That little grubby hand with the frog makes me smile. Too sad though he couldn't keep him a while. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love reading the posts now that I am back from vacation! I'm falling in love with Odessa and the friends there! jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he had the frog all day, don't worry!

    ReplyDelete