Wednesday, August 13, 2008

who's this?

Ok, I told you I saw some folks that I wasn't expecting to see... I didn't recognize this young lady at first... (this reminded me of running into Sarah P at Vienna con in 2001- I seriously stared at her for days thinking... how could I know her??? And then we finally connected. I love running into people like this and re-connecting!)

well some of you will recognize 3 of the 4 Ukies present last week; I'll admit, I knew I'd run into Katya there. Very glad of it, since she didn't make it back to Ukr this summer for ours.
ahhhh.... now here's a good one. Anyone know this kid? (hint, Trude: he sure didn't remember me but I was watching for him; he'll be here this week, too.)
This family was the biggest surprise of all... hadn't seen them since 199what? 7, I guess. Look at them! (nice bonus: Mom knows Eng now, too!)
just Katya and me again. She's studying like a mad woman now for her Chinese exam. Needs to pass it to cont in her studies and it's not just a piece of cake, I guess. (fancy that)
I reckon he'd be real impressed with me for posting this one- just cropped right out of the group pic- but I don't have another. I think his eyes are open...but I wouldn't just swear to it...

7 comments:

  1. great pics even tho I don't know very many, but can feel the thrill of having them thee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got it alleykat! he has a little bro now, blond in fact. and he's the big bro who's responsible to make sure things go right...it's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you got it right!! Muy Frio....aqui es invierno pero hoy esta muy calorosa muy errado por este tiempo! must be because you are cold there_= Glad you are having good days there. I am very happy to be here in UY!!!!! the days are going to fast! Hey you are skinny che!!! will post pictures when i get back.....love, Karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is Andrea and Brent's daugther on the top picture. And I wonder if the tie on the fellow on the bottom picture goes down to his belt buckle? Ask him for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karla- so did you say it's warmer than usual there for the time of year? well, I'm not exactly skinny yet, but I did lose a bunch...thanks for noticing! hahaha

    Duane- I forgot that A&B's dau is the other one in that pic; I know the girl behind her. Ok, I'll ask him re the tie. Really, it's been great to see him again, even if he is pretty muchly busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ......and just when I was wondering if you ran into Naomi.....

    ReplyDelete