My very good friend Deb: her mom is a 7th grade math teacher (which must be a total nightmare, but anyway)- well I heard this story once about Said Teacher. There was a particularly Trying Student and in the same class a little girl who really liked Mrs S. So after one particular incident with Little Mr Trying Student, Little Miss I-really-like-you-a-lot said, Mrs S, You must have the patience of Moses. (I always imagine this was said in a worshipful tone of voice, but I can't remember if I ever knew that for sure or not.) Anyway- as you hopefully know, it is Job- not Moses- who is associated with patience- Moses got a bit impatient when he struck the rock. But the WHOLE POINT OF THIS POST IS... As we frantically raced around the Rome airport, me in the lead, not finding our flight posted, not finding our gate BLAH BLAH BLAH and really worried - and as we suddenly realized that it was 8.25 pm in Rome and NOT 9.25 (and our flight was for 9.25) and we had a whole hour... And as we got sent from gate B7 to B1 to the transfer desk and back to gate B10 - let's just say that I was infinetly glad to have someone along who truly does have the patience of Job. No Mistake. We finally collapsed at the correct gate and had a laugh. And then I went and got some over-priced cold drinks and yummy little salty crispy things. Thanks, Trude, for the Euro cents!
(And then I realized that I'd been looking at my pocket watch which was still on Ukr time- which sort made everything clear. I'm such a dingbat. Thank goodness for patient good-natured people.)
The last flight was 2 hours late leaving. This one will be at least an hour late. But at least we're on the plane and waiting... At this rate, it'll be after midnight before we get in to B'lona...who knows how long it takes to get to the grounds. Poor folks on the other end. Anybody wanna place a bet on who it'll be? We're hoping it's Anton. Since he proly likes to be up all night anyway.
I didn't just say all that stuff in the last paragraph...must be late...must be tired.
Oh... you will like Barcelona!!! We weren't there at convention time, but did enjoy a visit to the grounds at non-convention time. I'm a wee bit jealous. That seems to be happening to me a lot lately. Maybe I should be looking into that... figuring out a way to be a bit more content on not wanting what other people have! ;)
ReplyDeleteAlso? At least you were on the right side of the wrong side of the clock. ;)
ReplyDelete