Finally got around to looking at the pix I got from a couple of people in Spain as well as digging through the rest from my phone.
Barcelona- view of one of the homes on the grounds and tent tops. It's hard to describe this place with words- it reminded me of an enchanted castle- lots of half levels, both in the 3 houses and outside, lots of little half-flights of stairs appearing suddenly and ending at a doorway (which you felt like you maybe shouldn't barge into, not knowing just what was behind it)- I kept thinking there might be disappearing steps to jump or house elves hiding behind the doors- but never saw either. The place is built into a major hill and that explains the very unique architecture. In fact, there is a chicken coop and run only accessible by ladder which you can look down on from a certain balcony. It was wild. The house in this pic had the coolest fridge... ie: built in ice maker and dispenser; I wanted to bring it back with me but it wouldn't fit... humph.

entrance to the main door of the original house

downtown Barcelona- Segrada Familia- the famous Goudi church which has been being built for over 100 years. I thought it ugly- but it is definitely worth seeing, never-the-less

overlooking the Barcelona port

proof that I fell off the coffee wagon in Spain (I'm quitting again though- had 1/2 a cup today and won't have any tomorrow and that's a promise)

somewhere but I don't remember where... hmmmm (these are Anne's pix- maybe she'll leave a comment and say what this is... I thought the pillars were cool)

a bad cell-phone cam view of Barcelona- it is impressively huge and spread out over the hills

ditto
.jpg)
heading for Madrid on the bus- lots of 'wind fields' (Anne's pix again, dedicated to the windmill fans among us)

more of the trip to Madrid. Very arid part of Spain... and major hills (mountains?)

Madrid sunrise from my balcony bedroom! with my phone...

Anne's version of the Madrid sunrise. Sunrises were gorgeous here, although the first day was most spectacular.

when we left our room, Anne's and my beds turned into the 'closet' for 5 people!

Here's our open-air bedroom... my bed in the foreground.

ooooo- 'the chair'- you practically had to book 15 min chunks of time in this chair- it was perfect for ummmm, developing skin cancer, shall we say.

Dorien's bed (left side of pic) had to lean against the wall each day because people pulled up chairs and sat there

SO COOL! Yes, I of course loved the windmill picture! And all the other ones. I have some of the same ones, of the gathering place, of the church, of the port. Cool!
ReplyDeleteWell, I've said it before, I'll say it again: reminds me of California!!!
ReplyDeletenow just don't you go and say that the Norway pics remind you of Alaska! :P