Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

We just did it! Rang in the New Year! Yay!
There are less fireworks than many years- but still some really nice ones- including some just now right beneath my window that set off all the car alarms and went up like cluster bombs... really pretty!

Elaine and I were rubbing our foreheads on the kitchen window, trying to see the fireworks while Colin sat at the table reading the news- Russia's threatening to turn off the gas to Ukraine tomorrow morning at 10. They've made that threat every year for the past 3 years. Hope they don't.

And the new little Americans should be running around the Atlanta airport right about now... they left here this morning sometime before 4... I guess it's been a long day. Happy New Year in America Wyatt, Mikayla and Jadon! Wow!

2 comments:

  1. I see they did cut it off at 7am but we paid them. So they should get their heads together and figure that out. We have enough reserves to keep the apartments warm so shouldn't be a problem. I wish we could buy gas from somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete