Friday, December 26, 2008

the end of a special day

it's been a full and very special day. Started early when Sharon and I tore out of here to meet a 6.48 am (or thereabouts) train... not just any train- some friends were arriving with their 3 new kids- 2 boys (brothers) and a girl, ages 9 - 11. After hassles, last minute fee increases, delays and just general red tape, they have the kids, they are the legal parents and the last facilitator (in a line of such English-speaking whizzes who must have patience galore to actually go out and do this over and over again) has the documents necessary to get Amer passports for these 3 kiddos... and she'll do the last of what's necessary to get these kids on the plane in a few days... they'll go home to meet their older siblings waiting in their new home (with a swimming pool- the one tyke asked his big bro: Is it true we're going to a house with our own swimming pool? Yes, Big Bro answers. Little Guy says: I promise I won't be scared to learn to swim; I promise.) and a whole host of people anxiously waiting to finally see them. There have been some real tear-jerker moments (Little Missy wouldn't let her new mama sleep the first night they had her- she just wanted to touch her face, her hair and say: Mama? Big Bro pausing during his McD's meal to reach over and just stroke his little bro's face a few times- they'd been seperated over a year).

Tomorrow's another big day- whoever's here in town is coming over for a whizz-bang holiday meal. Should be a wonderful day.


coming back on the metro this am. M and her 'Babushka' (Sharon doesn't seem to mind the title at all!)












J and Mama














W and Papa

10 comments:

  1. pass the box...that is just so wonderfully intense. i can't imagine! and the little i do makes me cry, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, ok, ok...keep passing that virtual Kleenex box around...I need it too! I can't even begin to imaging the emotions that are welling up in the kids – and the parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tear-jerker post. What fortunate kids..and parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing - so touching! Lucky family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you know my thoughts on all of it. Awesome post. Awesome story. Awesome future! Um. Did I ever say I love reading adoption stories?! :-) I love them... especially our own...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. Words would not adequately describe my feelings after reading this post. I'm overwhelmed with love and joy for this new family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was on my second handkerchief already when readin' their account. It'd of been nice to meet them b4 they take off in a few days. I hope the US embassy is open enough for them these days. I'm sure they've looked into that and would be in contact there.

    The SRW babuska part was funny. I like it when there are tears and laughter in the same postin'

    -

    ReplyDelete
  8. we are pretty happy to be here right now, for sure.
    @ the debalaks- :) I know.

    and I do believe SRW rather loves being the babushka! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is too sweet...I think I used the last of the virtual kleenex...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete