
I've been listening to the Harry Potter books while unpacking (and earlier, while spending hours on various buses and trains)... just finished Half Blood Prince... I cried when Dumbledore died... and at the part about his funeral... I hate it when that happens. Do you cry when you read sappy stuff (fake as all get out) like this?
Ahhh, gooood blog reads! I LOVE reading your blog. Now I feel better and can start my day! Wish you were here or I was there! lots and lots of love, Ian's mum
ReplyDeleteYes, of course I do, and no, it isn't "fake as all get out," because although the setting may be, the human nature etc etc in the story is as real as you and me. :) Which is what makes the story so appealing. :) I love the guy who reads HP. He is RAD.
ReplyDeleteI cried when I read Where the Red Fern Grows. And I do cry when reading books, but honestly, I can't remember the last time that happened. If I remember, I'll come back and post a comment about it. ;)
ReplyDeleteI do cry reading some books. I remember when I was little not being able to figure out WHY mom mom/grandma did, & then the first time I cried I was a young teen & had to go in the bathroom so no one would see me crying over a book!
ReplyDeleteNow my kids look at me & wonder!
I didn't cry over HP...tho, although I did read them all except the last one.
I just listened to that chapter last night. I steeled myself not to shed tears, cus that would clog my sinuses and then I'd get an infection maybe (whatever, like it matters HERE) but ya it happens; and Pat said she cried when Dumbledore died. But what do you call the phenomenon when you've already read it and you KNOW what's going to happen, but you still hope "it" won't happen? Anybody out there know?
ReplyDeleteand why doesn't hardly anyone make such insightful comments on my blog?
are you kidding? I WEEP!! I've listened to books on tape while on trips etc...and then have to fill on gas with tears streaming down my face. I cry in happy parts and sad. Reading is very cathartic for me (obviously).. Haven't you read all the books of Harry Potter yet? apparently not..anyway, yes, there are some very sad parts I would agree. sniff sniff along with ya!
ReplyDeletewell, that's good to hear! Just finished the last one and shed buckets... still, it always makes me feel a bit stupid to cry over fake people.
ReplyDeleteinsightful comments? I'll have to think of some and head right over there...wait, I leave INSIGHTFUL COMMENTS there all the TIME!!! you must just not recognize them... teehee ;)
and- ha- I've read or listened to all of the books at least 3 times now... I rather enjoy them
That's right, you do do that from time 2 time. Perhaps if I wrote with 4site there would be more insight on my website, ever so slight.
ReplyDeleteoh yes, count me in....I always get way too emotionally involved when I'm reading.
ReplyDeletehi there alleykat- we are the crown princesses of insight and foresight and all of that, you and I... yup yup
ReplyDeleteSarah- I guess getting emotionally involved is partly why we read, eh? I just finished Deathly Hallows- the Dobby death scene always finishes me off...
well, now that I'm immobilized with a head cold in the nursing home I manage to forget where I am by listening to _the Deathly Hallows_ on mp3 by ipaq, likely the only resident here who knows what mp3 is...
ReplyDelete