(I can't believe I just uploaded that pic...I can't believe I even took it... where is my self-esteem? Where is my sense? Didn't my mom teach me ANYTHING? Or can't I blame that on her??) and my eyes were itchy and teary and a mess, after the 3rd day of constantly sneezing- Elaine, in all her infinite knowledge said: Are you sure that's not allergies? And I thought- well Duh. It's just that I haven't had allergy problems here for something like 5 or 6 years (excluding the wood-fired heating stove and water heater in that one apt last year) so I sort of didn't recognize it. So now I'm doing claritin and eye drops (for ragweed, borrowed from Elaine, who knows first-hand all about allergies and hayfever and pollen counts and all that- apparently it's a really bad pollen year this year) and I'll be VERY SURE to let you know how that all goes...since you want all these minuscule details.Onward. Speaking of discomfort... we were, you know... here's the evidence of discomfort:
I realize it's not so evident in the pic, so I'll just tell ya. The foot on the right? The one in the flip-flop? Well, the rest of that girlie was dressed up to the nines (ok, the eights or sevens- proly she was going to work, but she was dressed nicely) but then she had these rather ordinary flip-flops... and then I saw that the top of each and every toe on both feet had a blister on it... every single toe... so, the day before, she'd apparently had on other shoes...but her feet hurt too bad to wear 'em the day I saw her. Ouch. Which brings me to this: women here are addicted to heels... and also pointy, narrow-toed shoes... which can be really cute, even cool- but with no car and hours spent on your feet walking to the bus, to the metro, to work, to the store, back to the bus, etc, etc... not to mention whatever you do at work... Yikes- I've never understood how they can do it... and apparently, they can't always all the time...
Ugh... get well soon. And I was so distracted by the funky looking sandals on the left (I want them!) that I didn't even notice the blisters on the toes next door. ;)
ReplyDeleteattractive nose job you've had done there missy! you poor thing. That must be very uncomfy..almost like those lady's feet! funny pics ..thanks for the laugh!
ReplyDeleteAre you able to be discreet when taking pictures of other people on buses,etc.? I enjoy seeing them, but if I ever see you I'll be watching my P & Q's if you have a phone in your hand!
ReplyDeletelani- you'd love the shoes here! A lot of them are 'fun'...
ReplyDeleteethel- the laugh is what I was after.
mimisusan- teehee... cell phones with a camera are a lot of fun!
I've done a similar thing at least twice, 3 times, but I really regret one of them so we won't bring it up on this forum. once when I fell on my face and broke my glasses I posted a picture on dotphoto.com, and another time I had 4 front teeth out and waiting for crowns I took a picture and sent it to the people who appreciate my inner beauty.
ReplyDeleteI do believe I was the recipient of that 'inner beauty' photo! That other shot was awful, too- it made me hurt just to see it. And if the 1st one is the one I think it is, well, I'm glad I didn't see it... at least I don't think I did...I heard about it so it sort of seems like I did see it...hmmmmm
ReplyDelete