Monday, September 15, 2008

shwimmmmming shuits

We've been having random swimsuit conversations around here, including that the body of water outside is the South Pacific and that sand on the sidewalk (search me what it's really for) is the beach and let's all cruise around here in our bathing suits... which brought this Cathy from early this summer to mind; it perfectly expresses my own bathing suit feelings
late edit... for further proof of my swimsuit aversion (or if you just want to laugh at the nerd I am) go here.

6 comments:

  1. Tee-hee. I don't like swimsuits either. I continually feel like tugging at the seat to make sure my cheek(s) are covered.

    Pet peeve: when kids take too much food, leave it on their plate, and throw in garbage. Esp. at convention. Mira survived on bread, jelly, and a teensy-weensy bite of the main dish. Except on mac&cheese night. Then it was living for her...

    Make yourself a salad today and eat it all! You deserve it.

    Can you tell I read your comments to Ethel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the swimsuit issue. I get one I like and wear it until it almost becomes indecent as I hate swimsuit shopping!!! I should have got one at the end of this season but couldn't find one suitable so I will have to wear it until they come out in the spring. Maybe I will try the internet. Of course it is a good thing we own shipping business, because I might have to ship a few back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha- yup, Linda, I see you were over at Ethel's.
    I like the water...but I hate swimming suits...sometime I should post a link to the blog post on my family blog about last spring's Odessa beach experience... suffice it to say that I hated it because of everyone else's poor choices of attire. sighhhhhhh

    that's the other thing, Diane- swimsuit shopping is a royal pain...partly because they're so fantastically expensive

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get the swim suit thing, I hate it when I forget it if I have a chance to go swimming though. this summer I bought a pair of red soccer shorts and a yellow/white striped tanktop for a swimsuit, looks like a flapper swimsuit from the 20's

    ReplyDelete
  5. well I don't run around in my undies in a houseful of people, so I've never quite understood how you can be comfortable in a swimming suit with a bunch of people around... I KNOW it's different...but there's not a lot of difference, actually. Your flapper suit sounds fun. My current 'suit' is a jogging tank top with shorts. totally nerdy- but comfy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha...love the post! Made me laugh...oh yeah, swimsuit fun! Reminds me of when we were in the Dominican and all the European ladies went topless on the beach...um, HELLO! Didn't really have too much of an aversion myself until I got pregnant and decided this whale wasn't gonna be showing off all her stretch marks and dimples!:-) Now I steer as clear of swimsuits as I can unless I REALLY want to swim!:-)

    ReplyDelete