Sunday, September 28, 2008

missing the piano

We had a really good day today. Unwinding after supper and phone calls and such stuff...and I got all 'piano-ey'
ended up on YouTube...with this completely amazing kid. I think I started out looking for a decent rendition of Peter Piper... I've loved that since the first time I heard it; even halfway learned to play it once upon a time. Not so long ago...must have been in Spain, I guess- actually got to touch a piano... you know, the real deal...and tried Peter Piper and failed miserably. Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. It's one of the only songs (besides The Music Box Dancer) that I know by heart. And very fun to play, I might add, but no where near as talented as this 8 year old. I'd send you a piano, if I could. I wonder what shipping would be on something like that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the piano playing. Lillian had a tape with some songs (I assume it was one of the friends playing them) and Peter Piper was on there and many more. We would listen to it while traveling the east part of NC. I should look at YouTube more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lani- I never really got super proficient at the piano- but it's one of the things I miss the most over here. I even like to practice... always have...
    wanda- Ha! I got those same tapes that Lillian had from her sis. I loved them- nearly wore them out my first couple years here! That's where I first heard Peter Piper, come to think of it! I like youtube for stuff like that- I made a playlist of my favorite piano pieces- which is nice when I need to unwind. What I don't like about youtube is how time-consuming it was to track them all down, listen to them and build the playlist... oh well...

    ReplyDelete