
And that brought this to mind:
Summer of 1999; Gwen A and I were staying with Kevin and Beth over north of Green Bay.
I cruise through the kitchen where 'daughter of the home' (that means Karissa) and her friend were making chocolate chip cookies. They must have been, what? 12 then? not too sure (someone can tell me if you know)
Cookies on the pan were few and rather large...huge, in fact.
How're the cookies? I say.
Fine. But they're sort of funny.
Why?
Well, if we make as many as it says, they're going to be huge...
I look at the chip pkg where the recipe was- it said: Makes 4-1/2 dozen... which I suddenly realized had been interpreted as: Makes 4-6 cookies
I don't remember the end... I just remember that I thought they were pretty smart to come up with the 1/2 dozen thing being 6...
Happy New year to you. But it's Jan 2 over there alreaady. Don't eat too much cake. Angel food is what you two need. being the Angels that you are!!!
ReplyDeleteWell 4-6 is about all it makes after you have eaten as much dough as you want.
ReplyDeleteyeah, that's about all the cookie dough I usually have left over, come to think of it... giggle
ReplyDeleteHi Anita! I just got to read a few of your blogs and had a few good laughs! we got to see Ian at Fosters this yr....nice to think of him being your neighbor now. hope you keep well....and keep your sense of humor! thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteit's me...marjorie! I clicked anonymous...and didn't know my name would disappear. Ha!
ReplyDelete