Thursday, January 24, 2008

Vampires and more

Actually, this is more about the 'more' than the vampires.

BUT- you know that garlic is a good defense against vampires (you did,
didn't you? I mean, assuming they really EXIST- ever read Terry
Pratchett??? Ok, back to business)- well, garlic is ALSO a natural
antibiotic. I hadn't been here long when Loran S nearly knocked us all
out by recommending bread and butter with garlic cloves- you know,
slice like radishes and stack on the bread...and eat...as many as you
can handle- to defend yourself against active germs. Of course, it
also lowers your blood pressure, so that's where the knocking out
comes into play. (You thought I meant the smell...haha)

ANYWAY- down in Crimea, little Mrs Cutie Pie has chunks of raw garlic
all over the house to fend off germs.

So, on last night's famous news, there's the flu going around in L'viv
area...so kids are being sent to school with garlic cloves strung like
beads on strings...and they wear them around their necks. Really, it
was too funny for words- we all cracked up at the sight. Most kids had
1 or 2 cloves- but a few looked like they had the whole summer's
garlic harvest. I can only imagine what the classrooms smell like...

1 comment: