Monday, December 31, 2007

angelic






Ahhh... this lady is a culinary genius... plain and simple.



First off, we had Szechuan pork stir fry with peanuts and bean sprouts for lunch (no pix, partly because there is nothing left of it)... I'm still savoring the memory.


BUT- after lunch...wellllll- this happened:
Now this, my friends, is a copied-from-the-internet pic of.... an angel food cake. It is my very humble (that's always a red-flag 'humility marker'...haha) that the only way to do angel food cake is from scratch. No small feat here, since we have: 1) no real angel food pan (S uses a loaf pan); 2) no cake flour (sift sift sift); 3) funny beet sugar- not fine like the stuff back home. But, this does not stop the remnants of that cake out in the kitchen from being the most delectable thing on earth. Wow! This all reconfirms that, when it comes to desserts, there is nothing nothing that can come close to angel food... done right, that is.
Here is a fairly decent recipe- but you can use more egg whites... and S started with a pre-heated oven.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! It's almost 4:30pm here & I see on Foxnews.com that the Ukraine is welcoming the New Year so thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful to see a photo of Sharon. I will have to show my mother-in-law, Phyllis, when she comes for b study tonight. It is always fun to read of your adventures. Linda in Wyoming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi anita, I love your blog. I also know that Sharon's a culinary genius..I tasted some of her cooking during the summer of2006 when she was in WI. COme visit me on my blog if you like. Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete