Saturday, February 27, 2010

out with the old

Hello, my name is Anita and I am a packrat... and a clinger to old and beloved things. There. I said it.
Feels really good to get that out in the open. It's all true, too. My lifestyle, of course, makes it harder to hang onto junk treasures than if I had a mansion with 34 closets and forty-leven shelves. But. I do manage to accumulate. And to hang on to. Two years ago, I blogged the somewhat traumatic seperation and farewell with a dear old friend. I'm happy to report that the friendship that replaced it has been a pleasing and happy one. Although my new friend's nerves aren't as good as the old one's... I'm afraid it's nearly run its course, this 2nd friendship. The same year I met with that friend- a few months earlier, in fact, I also made another acquaintance. I got these boots. -- > At the time, I'd never before in my life paid that much $$ for footwear. 11 1/2 years later, they've finally run their course... I guess the $$ was well-spent. I felt like a mother abandoning her child as I put them down beside the garbage dumpsters and hurriedly walked away, not looking back, afraid they'd be running to and fro in a pitiful effort to find the parent they thought had loved them... ooooffffff
I tell you, those boots and I- we had good days and I really really liked them. They weren't dressy in the least. But they were comfy and they took me places. But holes in various places and cracks in the soles made me realize that they'd soon be giving out on me. So, I hardened my heart and did the awful deed.
ooooffff-da
Then I just ambled in and out of local shoe shops. Lots of flash and high heels but not much in the way of freindship. Until I popped into this tiny hole-in-the-wall beside the bazaar. Polish Leather Shoes is what the sign over the door said. Inside was a nice lady.
She let me poke around. I saw these-->  and it was love at first sight! I tried them on... my left (injured) ankle was still too painful to get down inside, so I told her I'd come back. And today I did. And tried them on. And walked around. And forked over the dough. And sailed happily home.

You know what? They smell scrumptiously wonderfully softly leather-y. :)

5 comments:

  1. You're welcome to send me a pair of those in size 11, thank you.
    I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah yes, coats and boots...we easily get attached to them don't we!! :) i should really buy new ones...(of both!) -maybe next winter haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a gorgeous pair of shoes today... they're on 'standby' for now... but I'm trying to find a compelling reason to get them! ;)

    ReplyDelete