A year ago exactly my Daudy B was in the hosp and then passed away. My dad is the 2nd child and the oldest son in that family. Last Friday, he had a heart attack. Thankfully, it was not a massive one, thankfully Mom was there, thankfully they got to the doctor and then to the hospital, thankfully the doctors were able to remove a clot without having to do any other procedure. Thankfully he's recovering well... he sounds perky on the phone and ready to get out of the hospital. That may happen soon.
What took my breath away was realizing what the outcome could have been had this happened a week earlier... when Mom had a weekend away with her sisters; her oldest sis turned 70 and the other 5 sisters went to their nephew's in FL to surprise their sister for her birthday. Life, of course, happens many ways and many things happen... but I'm more than thankful that, for now, my own dear dad is safe and sound and fretting (I'm sure) in a hospital bed across the ocean.
Now I need to go... there's this program on my comp called SKYPE... and I'm going to go talk to my dad! xo
ohh...sorry to hear about your Dad! There's no one like "Daddy" is there! No matter how old we are, where in this world we are, or where in life we are, some of us have the privilege of having awesome Dads and will always be “Daddy’s Girl”. So glad you can talk to him on Skype! ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry too. So glad it turned out as good as it did. I can imagine how you would feel far away from them. I'm a shorter plane ride away, and likely less $$!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, glad you have skype!!
glad to hear your dad is doing well...and glad you have skype so you can see him and talk to him...even from far away. *hugs*:0)
ReplyDeleteand you know, "this program called Skype?" well, this week-end it allowed me to visit with family and Parisian friends, as if we were simply having a cup of tea together!! sound was (almost all the time) clear, and we were using webcams too...special, eh! ;-) I'm glad you got to chat with your dad! xx
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your dad and hoping things continue to go well for him.
ReplyDeletewow... so glad things worked out the way they did even though i'm sorry he had a heart attack. hopefully recovery is going smoothly. hugs to you and yours.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your dad is doing so well for what he's been through. It was hard being so far away from family when we were in TN. Glad you can visit with skype! Even blogging makes friends/family seem not so far away!
ReplyDeletesorry to hear about this. when is your next home visit?
ReplyDeleteHe was such a trooper! Even when he was in the CICU with all kinds of wires, tubes and needles attached to him. I didn't hear him complain once, not even one little time! When he got moved to a regular room he still had about 4 or 5 wires attached to him and an IV port (name?) still inserted - no complaining! He even liked the hospital food:) <3 <3 <3
ReplyDeleteOh, Anita, SO glad to hear your dad is okay! Hope he can come home soon. I can just picture him in the hospital. :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Anita, My mind and heart are with you, just read your news last evening. Want to call your Mom when the time is good. Think of you often but you wouldn't know it as I haven't told you. Take care and may the Spirit keep you at peace every day. Love, Ellen Lehman
ReplyDeleteglad things are going well...think of all of you...
ReplyDeleteThanks all, for your kind care!
ReplyDeleteNo, there's no one like Dad!
And I agree- blogging does make friends and family closer!
Mindy- proly summer 2011
Miss- :) Glad you could be there!
Julie- I'm sure you can!
Good to hear from you Ellen!
marvswife- and now we're thinking of you all...