check out April 30 right here
I debated about doing this- back and forth and to and fro; should I, shouldn't I? And then I popped my hand in the air and waved it around... and someone saw it... gulp
I saw this originally as a feed from Mental Floss and it grabbed my attention and imagination immediately. It evoked the same kind of feeling as the time capsule you bury as a class of 4th graders that will get opened in 50 years. Why do you want to, I asked myself. Do you want to be a writer? No. Do you want someone to know you? No, for sure not. Why? Because it's unique. Because I see life and world events and people in a place and from a perspective that few ever speak from... not just from the perspective of Ukraine but also from my personal perspective. Because there's a part of me that is still full of 4th grade excitement and wonder over a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
I'm excited to see what others write and I'm excited about writing my piece... and I'm a little bit nervous... Mom? Can you type?
Missing just one piece of the puzzle can make all the difference! Any significance to 430? We'll look forward to your gift on T's birthday!
ReplyDeletenope, no significance for me. We could choose a date but I said it didn't matter so they picked for me. So that's T's bday, eh? I'll have to remember! ;)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read it!
ReplyDeletewell this is weird, when I click on your name on the site, it links to MY facebook page....is that just something wrong on my computer? Anyway, excited about your participation! jo
ReplyDeleteyeah, I can't wait to read it, too... ummm
ReplyDeleteand Jo- well you were right- I somehow sent the wrong link... all fixed up now, though