I'm hungry... insanely hungry. My new diet (for 2 weeks... gack) includes: boiled-in-water-no-sugar cereal grains, eggs (thank goodness), boiled veggies, boiled chicken or fish (and I decided that baked fish or chicken is good, too... I mean, let's be real here...) and hard unsweetened bread stuff- like the stuff they let babies chew on when they're teething.
Oh, and I can have salt.
wow.
So far, I've been tickled pink to eat all that stuff and feel good afterwards... last night, though, I went to bed hungry... woke up hungry... ate an egg... hungry... ate some cooked buckwheat... hungry...
toughed it out till lunch
hungreeeeeeeeeee
baked some tillapia- tiny bit of lemon on top, brushed with an egg and breaded, salted, grated carrots on that and topped with leftover baked potato. Oh yeah- wrapped in foil. Baked it. Ate it.
hungry
ummm
hungry hungry hungry
Phyllis says it's a good sign... that all's going to be well... Let's hope. All I know is My.Appetite.Is.Back. Big time...
I'd like some of this:

My birthday cake... gorgeous, no?

Mom brought these- they're still in the cupboard... drool

oh my goodness sakes alive... a BLT

or how about this?

this was my reward after all my pre-op tests were done... poppy-seed crepes... truly lovely and delicious... and I will have more someday...
someday...
sigh
hungry
I'll go have a cup of tea and some hard tack...

Glad your feeling better. Remember you only have one pancreas and an unhappy pancreas certainly has a way of getting your attention! Roger and Kate
ReplyDeleteDo virtual dinner parties work as well as virtual tea parties? If so I'll bring creamed corn, fresh tomatoes and fried okra! (it does sounds as if you're getting well, as most sick people can't stand the thought of food. Getting well is welcomed news!)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you've had a rough time. Hope you can eat something yummy you crave soon! You're making me hungry too!
ReplyDeletegoodness!! glad to hear you're on the mend... kelvin's dad had pancreatitis this past spring, so we're kind of clued in on the misery it can cause. oh, and your online menu looks SO yummy... :)
ReplyDeleteso glad you are feeling so much better....hope it stays that way.
ReplyDeleteOh my! You dear girl!! (I can say that, we're the same age, and we ARE still girls, right?? None-of this middle age stuff).
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for this latest episode! Yikes..
I hope you get to eat all of that soon! You sure made me start to drool! Hope your feeling good and stuff soon:)
ReplyDeleteSending you get well quick wishes across the miles! It's just not fun to crave food & not be able to eat (hardly) anything!
ReplyDeleteOh how I can relate. Pretty soon all you can think about is eating. Believe me. I've been there. Glad your appetite is back. Get better and better and more better. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are on the mend and hope the appetite is soon satisfied! Everyone needs a "Cuddles" bear...that was our favorite!
ReplyDeleteThis menu of yours sounds oh so yummy! ;) I like Susan's suggestion of a virtual dinner party - I'll bring some good TX steak and twice baked potatoes. And sweet iced tea. Just because it's 20* outside doesn't mean you quit drinking iced tea. Dahlin'. Bless yah' heart.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait till you can eat those marshmallows!!! :-) Thinking about you!
ReplyDeleteLoved the bunk bed memory! :-)
Take care of yourself!
Love, Us
mm sounds good..i'll bring my dark chocolate walnut cookies..how about some spanakopitas? noone else here likes them..maybe you and i could share them?! glad you're finally feeling better!
ReplyDeleteKate- yup, found that out! You must be feeling better!
ReplyDeleteSusan- okra- bring it on!
Twila- yup, we're definitely girls! ;)
The TX steak sounds wonderful, too!
Thanks you all... still hungry... it's a great feeling, really! ;)
MJ- I just googled that spanakopita stuff... wowzers! It sounds fantastic!
ReplyDeleteJust adding my "glad" to the others... that you're feeling better and hungry, hungry, hungry. Can't wait to hear you're well and eating all the good food your heart desires.
ReplyDelete:( two weeks, two weeks. thats it. then... free for all!!! (good job on the tilapia-breaded-and-what-not combo.) sounded good to meee!!
ReplyDeleteoh and boiled fish... really? ew. preferably i wouldn't boil anything but pasta.
I'm not big on boiled fish- that's why I decided that baked couldn't be worse than boiled! And- I reckon a real free-for-all is a few miles down the road yet... :(
ReplyDelete