Friday, December 18, 2009

it got cold

It's been cold here (high today around -15 C/5 F)... with a fierce wind... which makes for a mighty windshield factor (ps- see previous post if that's a mystery). Good days to not go out more than you have to.
a peek out the kitchen window.
the canal is frozen... the lighter area down the middle is (I think) what bubbled up in the night when it got really cold and froze deeper... then this stuff froze on top of the ice. It looks like open water but it's not... and tonight it's doing the same thing).



Even with the windows shut tightly, the wind hitting the side of the building full force means it's cold in my room... I've been having a lot of this... and it is So Yummy and Cozy!

4 comments:

  1. nice tea "cup" ..i love glass ones, i think, maybe the best. keep warmish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's nothing quite like a cup of earl grey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friend, if only you could taste "Creme Earl Grey" or "Earl Grey de la Creme"! If I were in Canada I'd send you some... I enjoy it every am with my Bible... AH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that tea cup was an accidental acquisition but I've come to really like it! I've never had Creme Earl Grey... hmmmmm... I'll have to look for it sometime when I'm in NA!

    ReplyDelete