Sunday, October 11, 2009

recent events with people...recently

do you get the 'recent' idea? ;)




These 2 are new (and welcome) additions here! L (on the left) teaching English. J (right) hanging out with me for a few months.




This lady and her husband are back... rumor has it they kissed and hugged on their grandkids all summer (or part of it) and when the g'kids got sick of all that, they came back to us... or something... (you know how rumors are...) ;)

so we had a ton of company recently (and please forgive the pic quality... I seem to be into taking trembly pix these days... it adds to the aura, don't you think?) So- L took in 2 arrivals at something like 3 am the other day... we were heartbroken that they went to her place and not ours at that time of the day... yawn...



Later, we all met up there and did a bunch of yakking. I just want you to notice L's completely cool slippers over there on the left... they're pink... well- a bit hard to see- they're lamb's wool (pink lamb's wool, in fact... how about that?!) with harlequin cut out top. I love them!

and speaking of cool slippers... and cool in general- J's slippers- love that color! And the top- the next time it ends up in the laundry, well... it might get lost on its way back to her cupboard... that's all I'm saying...


so then there was the bday to celebrate. How considerate of her to do that while she was up by us... we're always looking for a reason to have cake around here!



there were people everywhere- at my desk, on my floor... I just rambled around for a bit ;) (it's awesome to have friends!)

in the kitchen...






people in the living room... A there at the back? She's wearing my shoes... used to be mine, I mean... sniff... well you can't see them all that well either, so I'll just show ya....


Here ya go. The rotten thing is, something in my foot changed and they hurt my feet like fury now... but she had great fun waltzing around the apt in my 'big girl shoes'... so they went home with her... it just seemed the right thing to do. But I really did like them.... (I'm looking into visitation rights...)



oh yes- S up there- she's getting to know Mackie... as in Mac-ie... as in Steve Jobs as opposed to Bill Gates... you get the picture... takes some time, learning to know Mackie... Mr Husband (of the lady with the squash) came home eventually and gave a guided tour (another really bad pic...



<--but shows Mackie a bit better).





eventually, everyone left... here's Little T with her brand new completely orange scarf...








So, on to another day



O's smiling because it's her bday; V's smiling cause he's married to O... They're both smiling cause I'm taking a pic of them.













and this? This is M holding up A's shoes... proof, Ange, that he has your shoes and should be taking them back this weekend...so if you never see them again, don't blame us!

5 comments:

  1. the lighting doesn't do my scarf justice at all, intense glasses on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE to see picture from Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad (and sometimes amazed, come to think of it) that I have friends, too!
    Kerry- hello! Long time. Come see us again!

    ReplyDelete