Today's lunch... really hit the spot! Simple omelet- filling: sauteed onions, ham cubes, chopped fresh basil and cilantro, grated cheese (proly Dutch cheese, but I just grabbed what was in the fridge) and then... and then... *happy smirky grin* I drizzled just a bit of olive oil and lemon dressing over the top of the other stuff and folded it over. Oh My... (cough- some of these flavors aren't exactly used to meeting in the same dish...but they got along just fine!) ;)
the 'before' shot of my new favorite roast- did I do this already? Yes- here
pork chop done in a bit of butter with olive oil (not much of each), sprinkled with French herbs, salt and pepper; just before it's finished, put coarsely chopped fresh basil on. Carrots done in the pan with the chops. When everything's cooked, remove the food then add a spoonful (for a single serving) of water to the pan- just enough to get the juices and herbs that are on the bottom of the pan. Scrape around and stir then pour over the meat and veggies.
and this! When your friends go to Italy, have them bring back fresh Parmesan... I did... it's Nummeeeeeeeeee
Now I'm really hungry! Looks great!
ReplyDeleteyup, i'm salivating (except for the cilantro bit... you can have that!). regarding the comment you left on our last post: yes, it sometimes boggles my mind how two beings with such similar dna can be so completely different!! your niece and nephew sound adorable, btw :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful dishes. I need to get more creative with food preparation and trying new recipes.
ReplyDeleteHi! So good to hear from you! Those were beautifully prepared dishes. I am afraid they would be wasted on my family:( Janna thinks the pink skins left on new potatoes are an abomination and Julia tries diligently to pick parsley flakes out of her food. So anyway, glad you stopped by:) James says hi and hi to Sharon also:)
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteI feel sorry for people who don't like cilantro! ;)
4J's- Kids and their taste buds and ideas about food are so funny!