so we hit the road. We doze. We wake up. We read a little. We fall asleep.
We lurch into a bus stop (after what seems like 5 hours... or no time at all, depending on how much sleeping actually happened).First- locate the WC... this is rather vital.

Next, off to find some kind of coffee. Another machine, another co
ffee... not bad, either. Claimed to be 'whole bean'... hmmm... vanilla flavored. Good stuff. But it's a 20 min stop so there's still heaps of time. And there are still hours of trip ahead of sitting and dangling your feet and wishing you could move... so now's the time to do it. Here we go. Bus station. Fun stuff. You want junk food? You want something to drink? (I can see the Pepsi from here).
This lady had no idea she was the star of my little photo op but she sure did a nice job of posing anyway.

If you need tobacco, you'll have to move on, this stand's closed...
but the friendly little grandmas selling sunflower seeds will gladly scoop up a bag full for you. (I think it was cold right there...)
about face and head back towards the bus (small town- ours was the coolest bus in the lot)
How about a fun little kid clowning in front of the bus?
Eventually though, you have to get back on the bus and point your mind to more hours of travel. There were a few other stops more or less like this one. We got back to Kyiv- pulled into a bus station I didn't even know existed... stumbled off and looked around... and found the steps down to the metro...
In Kyiv, if the metro's nearby, you're un-lost Pronto. Thankfully. Home about 3 pm...
But the people we saw were super and the day was a good one.
Ha. I love it. I miss Ukraine! :) And, regarding another post, 20,000 steps!?!?! Wow, good girl!!! :) Did you find what you were looking for?
ReplyDeleteFirst, homeopathics... Now I find out PEPSI!! You are a regular little secret keeper!
ReplyDeleteyes, we found what we were looking for! The 20,000 steps make up for the days like today when we don't get so many.
ReplyDeleteMiss- :) I'll have to think of a few more to dangle out there!
Dear Anita and Phyllis (?) I can't keep track of you guys! Miss you a lot, and we miss Ukraine too. Freddie is doing well except for allergies. Kwame is walking now and I think all of our kids will be here for Thanksgiving. Yay!).
ReplyDeleteAll that food in your post made me hungry!! Lots of Love, Ukraine Jane xo :-)