I love peonies. I've posted pix about them before. I've been loving them down here this past month. Some people remember lots and lots of details from their childhood. They remember specifics. Lots of them. I remember some, too. I remember that Saturday night supper was usually (to me it seems like it was always but there must have been some variation) cornbread and pork-n-beans. I love cornbread and I love pork-n-beans to this day. Tonight I made cornbread and pork-n-beans. Added some spicy salsa to the beans to give them some zip. But it was just like home. Just like Saturday night supper. Yum.
Anyway- back to the peonies.
It's been great to watch the peonies pop open. The air along the path to the back fence is heavy with their scent. And here is a link to a pic on my rss feed tonight.. posted because I like the little factoid blurb under the pic. Enjoy! ;)
The botanical gardens post in which I documented seeing this flower that turned out to be a tree peony.
I want to get pix of the dogs here. There are too many... but I've always loved dogs and these are such little sweethearts. Especially since they wiggle with joy when I go see them. How can you help but love something like that?!
And there was this flower post the other day. What I meant to say there and forgot: One day, the acacia tree (top pic) bloomed while I was hanging out laundry. The lines are directly underneath the tree- not the greatest arrangement... think BIRDS. But this day- it was a treat- it literally burst into bloom from morning till evening and I watched and smelled it all day long- was great! And then the next day, the peonies on the other side of the path (right beside the laundry lines) did the same thing- I watched them pop open as I hung up the laundry. Now that's a smiler!!!
peonies are actually my favorite too..my mom always had some great bushes of them. we buried our poor beta fish that didn't last in wi under one. i was just noticing them ( peonies) at the botanical garden the other day and wishing maybe for a couple of them at the end of our driveway?
ReplyDeletei'll have to click on your links another nite..it's way late! hope all is going great!!
Anita !!! When do you come back ??
ReplyDeleteWill be so good to see you again. Love Elaine
nice to get caught up again on your post and pictures. We always had cornbread and beans (northern beans) on Wednesday night. I know what your thinking.... of all times to have beans... before bible study!! My Grandaddy made the meal on Wednesdays when my Mom was working and that was the one he cooked....
ReplyDeleteI love peonies, too... they look so nice for most of the summer season, even when they aren't in bloom. I have only the dark rose colored ones, so I'm hoping to add some pinks and whites in this year.
ReplyDeleteNow if only I could conscientiously put up a clothesline in our subdivision. If we had a fenced backyard, I would in a heartbeat!
I ♥ peonies. We have Jung's headquarters down the street from us. I found a new-to-me variety. It's an intersectional called "Julia Rose". I might have to buy it!
ReplyDeleteI was so looking forward to the peonies opening here & then the rain and wind pounded them last night! With the winds as bad as they were, I'm just glad anything more wasn't damaged.
ReplyDelete@Stacy- so sorry your peonies were flattened. We had a great peony spring in Ukraine!
ReplyDelete