of good and special times.
Earlier this week, I came back north after a month in the south. A special month. I've been a lot of places the past 11 years, covered a lot of ground here. But it seemed like wherever I was, I usually ended up back in the South for a stretch. And- not being someone who really likes HOT weather all that well- huh. I really like it down there. A lot. There are a lot of special people down there. This time, though, the good-byes were just that. Good-Bye. sniff.
 |
He's right between my 2 oldest nephews in age. I babysat him some when he was tiny. His parents are deaf. The joke was that this kid would learn Russian with a N Amer accent since it was what he heard most. No worries- he didn't! When he was 3, I hadn't seen him in awhile- months, as I recall. 'Lyosh, I said. Can I kiss you? It's a little early for that, he said. Some time later, a friend was at his house. His dad (or mom) signed a question to him. He answered. And then turned his head and said- I lied, haha, I lied. Forgetting he had a hearing audience for a change. heh. He's normal. But a sweet sweet little thing so far. I'll miss you Alyosha. You and your shy slow smile. |
 |
| Nastia and me looking our best! haha N's mama always wanted another baby. Daddy wanted a new car. 20 years later Mama got her baby and Daddy did not get his car! She's a keeper. Daddy agrees, too. In fact, I caught him doing the ironing while Mama was taking care of Baby! ;) |
 |
| Alyosha's baby brother. as seen previously here and here. He's a first class truck sound maker. heh. |
 |
| Some people get into your heart and stay there. Not because they do everything right but because. Because that's where they belong. Because of all the things that draw you out heart-first. I've known M since she was about 12. I wrote about her mother's fun'l here. Here she is with Baby Veronika, named for the grandma she'll never meet. |
 |
| M's oldest dau, Nastia. She's a pistol. And a cutie. And Sat, Grandpa was home for the weekend and she was Queen of the May. She is Grandpa's Girl! And when Grandpa took me back to the bus stop on the back of his motorcycle, N went, too. She loves motorcycle rides! Sits up front prim and proper and holds perfectly still. And she even told me good-bye and waved- but not for long. She was in a hurry to get going again! N and her mommy a few years ago. |
 |
| oh. oh yes. And there's Rikki. Rikki- even though you shed ALL Over the Place, you are one of my all-time favorite Cat People. I'm glad I know you, Rikki! |
I'm really looking forward to being back in the States (anybody actually not got that figured out yet??) BUT I'm going to miss those folks.
Well this side of the pond is anxious to see you again. And those on that side will be awaiting your return after the visit here! A win-win, right? :-) Sweet faces right down to the cat.
ReplyDeleteDo I hear you singing "I've been everywhere, man"? :)
ReplyDeleteAny idea where you'll visiting yet?
ReplyDeleteAny idea where you'll visiting yet?
ReplyDeleteNeat to read of all these people there.
ReplyDeletecute children and cute cat!!
ReplyDeletewhen is your home visit?
Are you going to keep blogging on your home visit?? Please?! :)
ReplyDelete@Janis- I hope to keep it up but so far, it's not going so well! ;)
ReplyDelete