Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Honey!

We stopped on the way back into town the other day to talk to a bee-keeper. A whole slew of wagons on the edge of a field with a small shack nearby (like a ‘sugar shack’ only with a centrifuge and other honey paraphernalia) and a roadside display. The guy was quite friendly and happy to sell a small jar of honey still in the honey comb. On our way back out to the road, he informed us the display is nothing more than water because people steal those jars… I’ll have to remember that if I ever get the urge to pick it up on the cheap… ;)

2 comments:

  1. display food or drinks are rarely the real thing...that goes for market stalls and restaurant windows! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it would hardly stand up to the direct sunlight day in and day out.

    ReplyDelete