Thursday, May 5, 2011

just another one of the tulips. I was showing the pix on my phone to a little 3 1/2 year old tonight (look down a few pix) and she said: Tulips!!! (Can you hear the excitement in her voice? Was sweet.)
May 9th (Victory Day) is just around the corner. This is the equivalent of Memorial Day back in the States. There was a large group of men diligently coating the heavy artillery in the park with a fresh coat of spray paint- covering up the graffiti... 
and they were weed-wacking everything in sight. There was one mower there but it was sitting forlornly in the path all by itself...
oh- have you seen 'my' tulips??? ;)
wearing her mom's 'шуба' (fur jacket)- this is the first time I'd heard something like this called a 'шуба'- I thought those were only the heavy winter fur coats. Anyway- Little Squirt thought she was the cat's meow in this! It only drug the floor all the way around and looked like a royal mantle or something... she's also the one that knows (and loves) tulips!!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. i love tulip season!! there's a tulip festival here in Ottawa..a bit later this month...i always look forward to the sight of hundreds of colorful flowers :) and that girl is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow- I'm missing those tulips! ;)

    ReplyDelete