Friday, August 28, 2009

the case for coffee and other vital facts

see this? you know what it is....


my relationship with coffee is so off again/on again, so up and down... so
love/hate, inconsistent
I quit it for one reason or another... and then I smell it
or I see it
or I think about it

and I'm back.
I did realize long ago that I have a limit... of like 1 (or max, 2 cups) a day after lunch...my tummy and nerves just can't take more

I've been helping a local clinic meet their 3rd quarter 2009 budget lately... and as a favor, a way of saying Thank You they took my blood pressure a couple times.
  • with coffee: 110/70
  • without coffee: 100/60

I'm back on coffee. Just a small cup a day. One small strong delicious cup a day. Today's had 1/2 tsp of maple flavoring, sugar and milk in it... it was.... ahhh- it put a smile on my face and gave me strength to think again.

In other news- I'm trying to get the house cleaned. Like really cleaned. I have COMPANY coming... not the 'snoop-around-is-the-corner-behind-the-tub' clean company, the kind that just makes you want to have stuff spit-spot. THIS kind of company:

That lady there? The beautiful one (holding the amazingly gorgeous baby)

She's my mom... and she's coming to this side of the Atlantic in not quite 2 weeks! (that'll put a smile on your face with or without coffee!)

And she's bringing this character along:
that would be my oldest brother! I'm still grinning in sheer happiness, surprise and delight...
Now- I need to go; besides cleaning, I need to come up with a little itty-bitty (cough) list of stuff for them to for them to fill their suitcases with...

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for mom's! Glad you get company soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is decaf coffee on the list? Maybe the flavored kind? I don't drink coffee so this might be a real stupid suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you get that special company!!! :D Enjoyed the quick tour of Paris too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh! what could be better than that nice strong cup of very good looking coffee and the news that precious family is coming to see you!! happy and grinning for you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were so glad to see your mom and dad at McCordsville! Glad you will get to see your mom and brother soon!

    Amy Mc

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't think decaf would do it- it's the caffeine that ups the pressure, as far as I know...

    thanks for all the shared 'excited about the Mom/Bro visit' sentiments... it's TOMORROW!!

    AmyM- you're now officially the IN Royal Family... did you know????

    ReplyDelete