Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Random pix

Here's the resident turkey mom.with a chick peeping out from between some of her feathers. She was sitting there, late evening and I stuck my head out the door. How funny to suddenly see a chick literally crawl out of her back! The most interesting part about this turkey mom is that her 8 or 9 (or however many) chicks are not turkeys but chickens. They give her the eggs to hatch out since she's the best mom on the place.and she fosters baby chickens every year!

This was taken after most folks had arrived but before things really got rolling. People sitting around chatting, relaxed. This also shows our visitor from Holland getting a back rub from one of the locals. Jurjen was fantastic- he could visit with anyone. One day I spotted him in the middle of a group that included 3 different nationalities with nary a common language between them; so how were they communicating, pray tell.he sure looked happy!

There are heaps more pix from the past 2 weeks- I'll try to get them posted later, but likely won't be for another couple weeks or so. We had good preps and then a fantastic past 4 days. Now we're on the train heading south; arriving into Odessa soon. We go on from there by bus. Have some last minute shopping to do and then out to the village. Uncle D arrives with the rest tomorrow. Won't be time for anything for a few weeks.

Happy (belated) 4th of July! Happy summer! We're having good days; hope you are, too.

4 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to say Hi! I'll try to get up a new post this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks heaps for posting the pictures. It brings back so many memories....the kind that will NEVER be forgotten until my mind goes. Oh, I am so happy days are like a monsoon in the desert...we understand days like that. We got a downpour last night. Happy week.
    reta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mind if I comment - enjoy your blog and I have one now thanks to the noble, able help of my son-in-law! You can check it with their link - Wisc. Cheese Farmer - or through this, too. Minnie

    ReplyDelete