Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hmmmm

Bet you always wanted to know what our quarters look like in the middle of the rush. Now you no longer have to wonder. This room is normally a living room... But we sort of dominated it the past week. Meant to get a pic of it after clean-up yest, but forgot. Big Surprise.

We had another very good weekend. Our days together were made exceptionally soft by various things. I admire the courage and strength we see in others. Someday, I hope to amount to something myself...

Clean up yesterday went very well. Uncle B chased the young girls out of their quarters at somewhere around 5.30 so they could dismantle that all and put everything back in its place for the year. The first group left at 7.45 (this would be why Uncle B was in such a toot to get going since that group consisted of him, Ian and 2 of those young girls).

(aside: Just out of curiosity... What's the latest anyone's ever heard of clean-up getting started? I've been involved more than once when it started well before sun-up...partly because by then, IN and WI don't have such early sunrises of course. But Still...) The good thing, of course, is that when you start that early, you're done by Oh, 10.00... Showered and all.

6 comments:

  1. oh, thank you, thank you, thank you for the pics! I LOVE sister's quarters! It just makes me feel so comforted, mess and all. I've been waiting patiently to hear how your weekend went, and today I was well rewarded! love you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our tear down tends to start quite soon after the last meeting. Well before 5:30 a.m. rolls around. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to check in on you see what your up to:) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita! Thanks for leaving a comment on our site. I found yours months ago but never commented because I thought it was you but wasn't completely sure! Would it be okay if I link to you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy. Hey, I changed the top of my blog, reflecting one of the nicknames you gave me. :-)

    At Mtn Ranch we start clean up around 5 and don't get done until about 1 or 2....! But, then, that place IS MUCH LARGER than your places there....!!!!!!! :-)

    Where you off to now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Latest to start clean up -- I remember having to get up really, really early so the men could come in and empty the ticks!! Yes, I do remember that!
    Thanks for stopping by on mine - your comments made my day! Minnie
    P.S. maybe I should set up a special 'Oliver' label!

    ReplyDelete