a better shot of the rug operation
Little A overseeing the chair moving... he's got class, I tell ya! (Ok, you wouldn't know it from this pic, but he's actually one of the hardest working people you'll ever want to meet.)
the upstairs part of the chair business...
there were heaps of berries.... and some dear soul made heaps of these cakey thingies...
all's I know is they were way yummy
we washed trays... the royal WE *cough cough*
and had a hot dog roast
and welcomed guests!
and kept our quarters clean *ting* (that's for you, Linda D!)
and painted (know this guy, anyone?)
and did the mundane stuff... like type up lists of all sorts and work on shopping junk and fun stuff like that (did you say you wanted to help with the dish washing? yay!)
and dealt with a last minute water crisis (getting ready to fill containers at a nearby spring)
oh- and cleaned heaps and tons of potatoes (and wore cool hats)
and some of us slept in tents (some of the boys... sleeping in tents is for boys... but they sure *ting-ed* it, eh?)
and climbed trees
yup
boy did we ever
and if you think I'm always late for everything, be aware that I was the FIRST one ready for this pic... yes, indeedy (notice the prim hand clasp...)
and we looked up up up- up to the sky and beyond... and we saw things and had such good days.
Looks like you have had and are having wonderful days!! always good to see the sky again! we too have seen beatiful things here! love all your pix and lucky you to see Mr I! He sounds like he loved his time there!
ReplyDeleteThat all sounds/looks very special. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteOkay, first off M wants to say, "You looked so cute, cute as a button in the pic where you were ready for the picture!" Now back to Ken...(he's hardly ever here to take part in this whole commenting thing so I don't want him to miss out since he IS here now <; )
ReplyDeleteHi Nita! It's nice to see all the pictures. This sounds so lame - I don't know how to comment on these things!!!!!!!!!!
Love you!
Hi, Anita -
ReplyDeleteI saw your profile pic on someone's comments... I love the filmy curtains and the windows... oh, and the COW! :) Such ambiance!
Glad you're back to entertain and encourage us out here in blog-land! I'm sure they were wonderful days. By the way, my house isn't 'tinging' right now.
ReplyDeleteHi Anita!
ReplyDeleteLoved seeing all your special pictures!
Fun picture journal! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi Anita,
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had some wonderful days! Loved seeing the picture of I! Actually, loved seeing ALL the pics!
ahh! so good to see pics again. We've been too busy lazing around in NE. Mom n Dad
ReplyDeletehi Anita! prim hand clasp indeedy! nice sweet pictures of sweet nice people. Glad the sky opened up for ya!
ReplyDeleteHey Anita, i think i met little A...(if it's who i think it is! lol) :-) and- i love the potatoe-washing photos with your cool hats and all!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for Bilo 2009. That'll be better than the World Cup any day.
ReplyDeleteWhen I commented that you must not like eating Vareneky I noticed that post and comments disappeared.
Keep your hands on the plow. A little brother,
yo sistah. I've just spent some lovely days with Fret and Sally...! Hurrah! We had a grand time of course, we were well entertained and we discussed Ukr in great length...gossip/news/goings ons. :-) Loved it, love THEM, glad they are here. But only, that means they are not THERE. What a profound statement. Sigh. I'm going to bed. :-)
ReplyDeleteI don't have anything witty or wonderful to say other than thank you for these pictures. Very nice to see you're in good hands. ;)
ReplyDeleteI need to check in here more often, seems like I'm missing out, too much to do for an old man.
ReplyDeleteyou do great posts. and everything else you do....
Oh yes, I noticed the picture of Bobby Lewis painting. you asked if anybody knew him. Yes we do. I talked to him today. He's home and really enjoyed the trip to Ukr. He has 57 pictures posted on Facebook
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your blog. Beautiful to read and connect so far away. :) hugs to you today. Wish we were there.
ReplyDelete