at the comments from the
'stash' blog... or 'haul' or whatever it's called... Ala and I went for a walk yesterday -I was trying to prove to her that L, the town where our 2nd bach is- is NOT a village! (Long story, but I guess when you grow up in a city any place where you actually have to build a fire for heat and hot water and where all your cooking is either in a toaster oven - Thanks, DeAnn and Aunty Mavis!- or with propane gas- well, that place is a village! I can understand, actually- but I happen to like our little village!) Anyway, back at the ranch- took this famous walk and couldn't keep my skirt facing forwards... You know what I mean, it kept turning around and around... in other words, IT NO LONGER FITS... IT'S TOO BIGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! Get it?! I'm still losing weight... I'm not bragging, just stating a fact. It's just the way life is when you do mostly your own cooking for 1 or 2 people and half the time run out of appetite before you run out of food on your plate. It's great. (Of course, I'm still not skinny by a long shot but I feel good.) It also helps, of course, that my 2 legs are a main form of transportation around here...sighhhhh

And, here's a pic somebody just sent me...Yes, I'm still eating chocolate! Ha!
And one last thing- we're still pirates here. The kid from upstairs talked to me last week- can I hook up to your router with my computer? Talk to the guy downstairs, it's his hook-up. Off he goes. Today, we'd been home about 10 min when here he comes- can I get my cable hooked up? Fine. Long story... he has no real tools (like a drill)- but he does have 2 long metal spikes, a pair of pliars, a hammer, a screwdriver and a knife- and determination. He's trying to get that cable through a wall that's actually 2 layers of brick/cement (not sure which) and then through to the internet switch. And, he has no jack on the end of his cable- wanted to know if I had the tool to clamp the jack on with... I'm laughing inside at this. Really, you greatly overestimate the person with whom you're speaking. Anyway, he's making it work... I'd say he has a bright future...cause he won't let a little thing like adversity get in his way... Let's just hope he finishes before A gets here or he's going to hear from Matthew... chpt 13... ;) take care!
I THOUGHT you looked like you'd lost a lot of weight!
ReplyDeleteAnita, you crack me up! :) Thanks for your comments on my blog! It's always great to hear from you (even IF you get a little feisty sometimes)!! :o)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, before I assume it's okay, would you mind if I put a link to your blog on my blog? It's okay if you felt like you'd rather I DIDN'T do that. Just let me know! :)
I love peeking in on you for a good laugh. Congrats on the weight loss! And keep 'treating' yourself. That makes losing weight all the easier (for me anyway!) Happy rest of the week.
ReplyDeleteThat is a riot! wish i could find someone to splice with tho!! could you tell me about Mat 13!
ReplyDeletehahaha. i like the story about the internet kid. i like all your stories.
ReplyDelete