Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Farewell to an Old Friend

So here is the old coat that I've had since Green Bay days... my old favorite...you know- you just can't get rid of it even though it looks a fright already.

Well, 1st day in Warsaw last week, had 2 hours at the 'Bubble Mall'- downtown W'saw, open about a year and really nice. Walked into the Esprit store because I saw a shirt that I liked... then saw the sale rack at the back and found...



This! Amazing- right color, right size, unzips from the bottom as well as the top, side zips on the sleeves, inside 'safe' pocket for valuables, 5 pockets on outside (one at the top by the zipper and for cell phone and coin purse), snap on hood, hood that stays up even (not always falling off when you're cold)... The best thing??? Original price: 559 zloty (just over $200); sale price: (ready???) 129 zl (approx $40).

Does it surprise you to know that it came home with me??? We are becoming very good friends! I'm such a goof when it comes to hanging on to old comfy clothes- so finding this coat made it easier to send the other on its way.

haha- self portrait

The new coat with the new scarf from Mom (see, the coat even accidentally matches the scarf I already had)


And since I'm in the mood to post bad pix taken with a cell phone, here's the new scarves mentioned earlier

the brown one





and the green hat and scarf










5 comments:

  1. Looks cozy! Great deal too, that always helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice coat...the picture of the old one reminded me of when Autumn left Germany. She had to trash her favorite Rapids Wrestling sweatshirt and her favorite running shoes. They were both wore out so she took a picture for her memory book. Greeting from
    Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet coat! I'm jealous - I've been looking for a nice brown coat and seem to be stuck this year w/ my old lime green one... maybe next year tho'! Thank you for your notes lately - so fun to hear from you : ) You mentioned our neighbors the other day. They haven't changed a bit since you left as you can probably imagine. .. the only change is in his health. They have stayed very upbeat, although he's lost a lot of weight and he's mentioned that at the last few appointments, the cancer has grown. So wish that I had better news on his health for you. He was glad to hear you'd been thinking of them. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm i know who erin's talking about..greetings to them too..
    i just wanted to say , anita, i love the self portrait! i left a red wool pea coat over in France..if you see it keep it for me..i still miss it...don't know what made me leave it there! enjoy your warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, that looks Hot to me! Glad you got a deal and it looks good on ya, know how it is to part with a comfy! know it will look better to me in few months!jvzyrv

    ReplyDelete