Thursday, March 15, 2012

smile!


Our (9th grade? don't remember) gym class did a unit on swimming. For extra credit we could jump off the high dive. I'm an *ok swimmer and I never could pass up extra credit. Up I went. And literally had to crawl to the end of the board. I think I finally just curled up and rolled off. I was terrified. I still don't handle heights well. But I never thought about before that. 

*ie-won't drown in the first 10 min....
In memory of a good friend who moved on to southern places much too soon. Who wanted to play ping pong. I was the only potential opponent. The scoring was completely one sided... even after my friend switched to playing left handed. No one was betting on me that day... 
Did I tell you about my friend who picked his blister off of his toe and sent it in a letter to his girl cousin? True story.
He's so low on the waterline there, he's going to drown if gets too carried away....
Friend 1 was visiting Friend 2 who had put sardines and crackers out for a light lunch.  Friend 1 doesn't really care for sardines. At all. Friend 2 has a cat. Friend 1 quietly slips the cat her sardines. Friend 2 is so amazed- My cat NEVER hangs around the table. He doesn't like strangers. He has really taken to you. Friend 1 lovingly scratches the cat and eats her crackers.    
The true definition of penultimate never does quite stay in my head. I tend to use it in ways that make people in the know snicker and smile indulgently. Or guffaw and slap their knees and make wisecracks. 

Just one to end on. Because it's so amazing... ;)

4 comments:

  1. Maybe Calvin is "an ok swimmer, won't drown in the first 10 min". ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;)
      Maybe. He's also going to be in some big trouble if he does that!

      Delete
  2. I love your comics and stories with them! Really made my day!

    ReplyDelete