I know I've talked about this before but it is thrilling to be a guest in the home of someone who was a kid when you first knew them. I left IN mid-afternoon on Thurs and headed for WI. I'd arranged to spend the night north of Chicago with a young couple... she was the 'kid' in my memories this time. We didn't talk about anything earth-shattering or monumental. We just 'were' together for the evening, the night and breakfast. And it was special. Very. Thanks, J!
Oh yes- the comic. What does it have to do with anything? Well... there was a cat in the house, too. A black cat. A black girl cat. A most interesting cat. Very sleek and pretty and playful enough. But very hissy. When I bent down to make her acquaintance, she really hissed. I mean, she could have posed for the panther pix you've all seen (right? You have, haven't you?) of black panthers hissing with their long fangs fully exposed. The next am, I stepped out of my room and she was obviously pining away for human companionship- coming up to me and cat flirting, nearly wound herself around my ankles. All of a sudden, she figured out that I wasn't Mom or Dad... wow. What a spate of hissing ensued. I had to laugh. She's not nearly as terrifying as she'd like you to believe, though. And she is a beauty of a cat. |
I love comics, too. I used to try to be the first to grab the Sunday comics and sit in the sun to read them.
ReplyDeleteI love comics in general, but I like yours more. My humor must be on your wave length, because every one usually makes me smile... or more! Have awesome days ahead! Wish wish wish you were on our route!!!
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDelete