Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tramp through the Woods

When we were kids, we'd sometimes trek down the lane to the back of Dad's property where there is a small stand of trees. In my mind's eye, I see it as a dark and densely wooded place, full of mystery and wonder and trails (and briers). Mom and I went back there the first night I was home this week. We need to go again. The woods aren't quite awake yet but they will be soon!

No pic of me since I was running the camera!  Mom looks good, though!

Why are sky shots so tempting to take? I can hardly ever resist...
Deer Stand #1... likely done by the Amish guys who rent the neighbor's share of the woods for hunting (since it was actually on the neighbor's side of the line fence, this is a safe bet...)
Deer Stand #2... likely done by the Appalachian Mountain Mighty Hunter who rents Dad's part of the woods... (also a safe bet since it was on Dad's side of the line fence. Love that 'No Trespassing' sign!)
dusk when we emerged
Is this the 'Venus and Jupiter' business everyone's been posting pix of? If so, here's my shot! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Carefullll.....the sky is watching you......

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Only friendly things in the sky, I'm sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete