Saturday, October 9, 2010

some really neat (and sad and thought provoking and just plain interesting) pictures from the Life.com feed the other day... some of the pix were very familiar; some were not.

ok- it's been on its way out to sea again for awhile... Fall's been pleasant- sunny, warm; down here in the south, you can hardly tell the difference between summer and fall... but the past few days have been seriously cold. brrr....
and in the land where you can't turn the heat on when you want... where the heat is turned on at some mysterious and unknown central location by the city when they deem it's time... well- this is what we're fixing to do. Hibernate. Dig out all the warmest clothes we have, the down comforters, wool socks (and woolies in general!) and tuck ourselves in for a bit! ;)


Remember when you thought all the teachers were like the Hogwarts ones- they lived at the school and had no life at all outside of school? I do. It was a shock- I remember running into one of my teachers one day at the grocery store and being seriously amazed that she would be there...

Let's talk bagels. With cream cheese. With chopped walnuts and honey added. Ok? Yes, let's.

or just food in general. I love how different their ideas of the upcoming experience are!
So- what do you see when you see the menu? What are you really there for? Eating out is always a bit of a conundrum for me... I look over the whole menu and then try to pick out the one thing I'd always wish I'd tried if I never get back there again. It can be an ordeal...

I need to do this and very soon. My bags and I are leaving on a bus next week for parts north. Yikes.

3 comments:

  1. You must have a little Suth'n blood in you, 'nita. As in, you're "fix'n to hibernate!" I thought only Suth'ners were fix'n to do things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your cartoons! This past week are warm weather took a downturn. Had to close some windows, and turn heat on in the bathroom and living room. Hope your heat will turn on soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan- :) Not sure about that but I do know that I've loved that expression since I first heard it!
    Sandy- we had 2 very seriously cold days and then it warmed up... and they turned the heat on. There just is no substitute for common sense- regulations and all that cannot substitute common sense- as in- it's cold, turn on the heat. duh.

    ReplyDelete