This one is for my li'l Bro Ken. Once upon a time he was a (poor, neglected, underfed, all-alone-in-the-big-bad-world) college student. I can't exactly remember what I was doing at the time- still in college? Working? No idea. BUT- I was always the Big Sister. Period. And I had some free time and I had to go check on my poor helpless sibling... big surprise- there was laundry to do. Heaps. I've always loved to do laundry, this is just my thing (I think I also likely cleaned his apt that day- I hope he doesn't still hate me for it...)- Well, I head on down to the laundry room with his collection of quarters. About an hour later, I'm back. All done? he wants to know. Nope- out of quarters I say. WHAT? (him) Well, yeah- that's a lot of laundry you've got. Well that should have been plenty of quarters; I don't have any more- I'm not rich you know... how many loads did you do? Two should have done it...
This one- ha! this is for some dear old friends back in Indy. See we were there the day- the very first day- of Mr Hubby's retirement. Mrs Wife is an old hand at homemaking, she's a fantastic cook, she's on top of it...all... And we know her well enough to know that offering to do dishes and being refused means just that- No, but thanks for the offer. Because sometimes she'd say OK. So, lunch passes; Mr Hubby's a great joke teller- one of the best, in fact, and I'm sure we had some great laughs; but as I remember, Hubby was also sort of at home, if you get my meaning- like, Hmmm- I'm-not-so-used-to-having-you-around-all-day at home. Then the Clean Up. Dishes? No thanks. We fade back to the dining room... but not before we hear Mr Helpfully-Cheerfully-Retired-and-At-Home Hubby say Honey, this dish towel is wet. Do you know where I can get another; have you got any idea? (this is where Jane elbows me and says Let's go for a walk. And we did. And all was quiet when we got back...and they're still surviving retirement!)
Being sick is a good way to get caught up on sleep. At least it's a good excuse to lose the Battle of the Bed. Don't think that was Calvin's problem, though...
This last one... oooooDedicated to the Red Thread Gang (mind you, with nothing more in mind than a shared dislike for chomping)
um, redthread gang, am I in it? I think I've been through the initiation torture, a few times...smack, gargle, choke, hack not only from the front, but also from the _ _ _ _
ReplyDeletehaha! Good ones. I can amagine that senerio if we ever get to the point of retirement around here. Close to that point often enough now anyways!
ReplyDeleteGasp! Alleykat!! What on EARTH are you referring to???!!?
ReplyDeleteI SO miss Calvin, that strip was the BEST!
I can relate to the retirement one! Oh, life is funny - gotta laugh so you don't cry sometimes! Glad you aren't too sick to post the funnies! Take care of yourself.
ReplyDeletealleykat- nope- no worries there! although I'm pretty sure you're right about part 2... ;)
ReplyDeleteJ's- ;) Tell him hello- if he remembers me!
LIW- well would you like me to spell it out??? Calvin was good, I agree- I get reruns every day on my feedreader.
Joyce- all better now, thanks!