Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I have some bdays to post but I'm dead tired so here you go instead

First, you discard my outside
And cook my inside.
Then, you eat my outside
and discard my inside.
What am I?
The official answer is corn on the cob... but very careful consideration (this is important, after all) of Maja's fish answer leads me to say that she gets full marks, too! (bet you didn't know this was such a big-shot competition, eh?) giggle

10 comments:

  1. probably lots of things...but i'll bet your mind is going to some IN corn fields! Wish we could share an ear with you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my guess is corn on the cob, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah... that makes more sense but I was thinking fish...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. for the first time in memory, even I couldn't say Макароні (macaroni) without grinning! I don't quite get the 'discard my inside' part though? Pour off the water? hmmmm
    I was wondering if you were still on the blog-planet, Duane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking you could say this about chicken/turkey also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew my answer wasn't right but you didn't need to translate it for everyone else.

    But yes, according to Google, the real answer is "An ear of corn."

    I have 10 blogs for student classes, etc. so, no, I haven't fallen off the blogplanet. Someday, I'll work on the one for everyone and let you know that address.

    Hope all are well in Kyiv.

    Dima

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh whoops- my bad, re the macaroni! Don't worry, you're not alone... just pass the pesto and all will be well!

    helen- I'm seeing that there are quite a few passable answers, for sure. Good thing Bilbo and Gollum didn't use this one- it would have led to a fight for sure, and proly B's untimely death...and then what would JRR Tolkein have done???

    ReplyDelete
  8. With a description like that, I don't think I'll ever eat corn on the cob(I already don't like fish) again....sniff...just kidding.:-) U've read L of the Rings??:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. heather- you bet I've read Lord of the Rings- proly my all-time favorite! I love it (and the Hobbit)... don't give up on corn...banish the pic from your conscience!

    ReplyDelete