I'm pretty sure that's a Louis L'amour book... if it's not, it had outta be. It also sort of describes where my creative juices have gone to... (If I ever had any to begin with...)
I've been saving a few comics, so I'll post a few of them. One of the things I miss the most about America is the Funny Page... well there's a few online sites with 'deliver-them-to-your-inbox' freebie service...yay!
haha- I love Old Baby...
I feel your pain....
Any more questions? (the chick with the tall pointy hair- hmmm, the only chick in the pic- that's me)
This one last because: When I got back to the States 3 years ago (3 years ago?!) my oldest nephie, Forrest (3 1/2 at the time) had an imaginary friend named Pootie. The amazing thing was F could tell you all the details of P's life, how the day had gone for him, all about his friends, their names and their histories. And if you asked him a week later, he'd tell you the same basic things- it was a real novel going on in his head. I really enjoyed those visits with him. Then convs, special mtgs and more sp mtgs happened and I wasn't around F so much for a bit. Sometime after his 4th birthday, I asked Forrest- how's Pootie? He just looked at me like What ARE you talking about??? It was a sad moment in my life. That whole period of his life had passed so quickly. I was just glad I'd gotten in on a little bit of it. F is in school now and has real friends. I need to talk to him and find out about them!

Only Rayna had a 'friend' out of our three kids. And she's the most creative one today, so I think it has something to do with her brain. Hers were "Shiffa" and "Maka". Shiffa was the big sister and Maka was the baby sister. She's talk at length about them. And the greatest thing was that in a store she'd say, 'Mom! There's Shiffa!!!' And for a split second I'd think, 'I'd sure like to meet her'. But every time I'd try to look, she had just gone around a corner or out the door as Rayna would tell me. And like that, they were gone. (Kinda like the mom in Cat in the Hat) Now, Rayna only vaguely remembers her old friends. We tell her details about what she told us and she loves it. But they've passed on to another 3-4 year old kid somewhere. It was fun!
ReplyDeleteI had a very good friend and her name was Henry. On the way to meeting my Dad would slow down enough for me to open the door so Henry could jump in. That was before seatbelts were a law. I'm really glad Henry was quick and able to jump in because Dad would never actually stop. After we moved to where my folks live now Henry came to visit once and then I don't know what ever happened to her.
ReplyDeleteInteresting stories! Wanda, you cracked me up!
ReplyDelete