8 pounds whole wheat flour (28 cups)
4 pounds brown sugar (8 cups)
3 quarts buttermilk (10 cups)
1 pound butter (1 1/2 cups), melted
1 cup vinegar
3 tablespoons soda
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 teaspoons maple flavoring
-Mix ingredients
- Bake in cake pans @325F until well done
-Cool
-When cold, crumble and put back in pans
-Dry @170 F (all night/day)
(When the cake has cooled, I break it up into big chunks and then let it dry a bit before grating it- like you grate carrots, for instance.)
And then there was this recipe recently... hmmm. oooo- or even better- THIS one! Or...this one!!! (Speaking of the above comic strip.)
And since we're drooling over sweet things we'll never make or eat (because I-don't-eat-sugar-except-when-I-do)- well, there's these...
'scuse me, I gotta go get a towel... got a little damp around here...

yep, I'm quitting sugar too...
ReplyDeleteYou can always do it like I do- Don't eat sweets except when you do. Someone told me when I was going off sugar- Don't stop altogether because you'll feel like you're depriving yourself of too much and you'll end up binging and then feeling worse, in the end. And I think they're right. So, I do have a caramel macaroon with my afternoon coffee when I have the chance! Like today!
Delete