I genuinely found this interesting. I'm going to see if I can remember to do this- the sidewalks are mostly ice around here. Thankfully, I don't fall much. But I'm going to make the penguin my new role model...for now.
All this came Sun night. Really pretty. Sigh.
And a gorgeous hoar frost this morning. That lasted most of the day, actually. ;)
Do you have any Yak Trax?! They work pretty well on ice! Meanwhile here we have hardly had any snow and really, if I'm going to have to spend the winter in Iowa instead of the tropics I'd at least like a few good snowstorms! ha! :)
I tried Yak Trax a few weeks ago and did not stop sliding on the ice. In fact, I preferred to be without. I have some cleats that are ok but the problem is the sidewalks are too filthy to be taking them off when you go inside...and wearing them on the concrete and tile indoors is as treacherous as walking on the ice...and they tear up linoleum. I've always preferred to be careful and go without!
Crawling works well too! Trust me, I just know.
ReplyDeleteI thought I was going to have to crawl a few weeks ago! :)
DeleteHaha, YES! I have been walking like a penguin for most of the winter...:D very icy sidewalks here!
ReplyDeleteIt works! :)
DeleteDo you have any Yak Trax?! They work pretty well on ice! Meanwhile here we have hardly had any snow and really, if I'm going to have to spend the winter in Iowa instead of the tropics I'd at least like a few good snowstorms! ha! :)
ReplyDeleteI tried Yak Trax a few weeks ago and did not stop sliding on the ice. In fact, I preferred to be without. I have some cleats that are ok but the problem is the sidewalks are too filthy to be taking them off when you go inside...and wearing them on the concrete and tile indoors is as treacherous as walking on the ice...and they tear up linoleum. I've always preferred to be careful and go without!
DeleteWe need some snow badly. It is so dry here.
ReplyDeleteYes, I know. Have you gotten any snow in the recent storms? I feel for the dry MidWest!
Delete