I don't remember that we had a lot of junk food around the house when I was a kid but we did have Hostess Twinkies sometimes. And I LOVED them. I loved the cakey outside- mostly soft but with a little bit of brown in it. And then that creamy inside. All that yummy-ness. And then the 2 together. Oh Yum.
And whenever I'm back in the US, I have 1 or 2 or 3 for old times' sake. Only this time when I did...uh... they were just a tad sweet and hmmm.... not all that great.
![]() |
| Good-Bye Hostess |

We didn't really have these much... though I do remember having Zingers. Someone recently told me that these were a treat fresh from the freezer.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds pretty good, actually!
DeleteI didn't like the twinkies. I'm a chocolate person, I like frozen ho-hos. But when we bought goodies at the bread store, I picked cherry pies.
ReplyDeleteYeah, those cherry pies were pretty good alright! I never cared for any of the chocolate cake junk food. The Little Debbie Nutty Bars, though, are still really good! ;)
Delete